- How little we actually need
- Don’t underestimate Scottish weather, sea or mountains.
- Which gear stays the course (1st prize: the tent for standing up to a storm that blew back your eyelids and flattened your nostrils)
- How to live cooking only on a Trangia stove
- Writing a blog’s great fun and getting comments back even better. (We remember the range of unusual places we’ve sat in to write it out of the rain or to get a signal. Most unusual has to be in Mr, MacDonald’s barn at Arisaig amongst rusty farm implements, hay and a smell of sheep.) We recognise that our technological bling (laptop and GPS) may seem to contradict our first point!
N: People who camp too close. You can be in an empty field but you can be sure if anyone else comes they’ll put their tent two feet away. Thinking of putting lettering on the car: INFECTIOUS DISEASES UNIT or OFFENDERS REHABILITATION.